First, and clearly most important, I have chosen curtains for the living room. I know. Related to this somewhat, a story.
I had plans to rehang the dining room curtains this weekend when we were hanging the living room curtains (side note, that won’t be happening this weekend because the curtains were not in stock. boo.) I mentioned these plans to Finn and he sighed dramatically and mentioned that he hated hanging curtain rods. So I thought, being the modern, independent woman that I am (also, impatient), I would just take care of the curtain rod hanging. Here is what I learned from that decision.
1. I am short. I need more than a chair to stand on to hang curtains.
2. I hate hanging curtain rods. It involves measuring and planning. And screwdrivers because I can’t find where the ^*^! drill bit is hidden.
3. The reason Finn started hanging all the curtain rods is because when I do it they fall down.
4. I am totally fine relinquishing my role as modern, independent woman in the case of hanging curtain rods. It sucks.
5. Measure your window before you buy the new hardware (this sort of advice is why you read my blog, right? You can’t get this kind of information elsewhere).
6. I need to get Finn a really nice birthday gift. Something manly. Cause he’s totally hanging the living room curtains.
7. If you plan to blog about your dining room, don’t paint it dark grey. It is impossible to get good pictures.
That said, here you go.
Before. Too close to the window and not level.
That, my dears, is my life changing weekend curtain hanging advice. Hang your curtains higher and wider than your window. Remember to measure. And don’t ask me to hang them for you. I’ll sit and watch. I take my tea with cream and honey, thank you.