This lovely painting of my grandparents by an artist friend of my mother’s makes me happy.
Other things making me happy this week.
- This list of classic summer crafts for kids. It’s about time we started putting together our summer wish list.
- Google reader really is going away. Here’s a great tutorial on Feedly, which is my new choice. I just wish they had a version of that handy “next” button.
- A beautiful Japanese shop.
- Awesome family projects from MAKE magazine. What did our parents do without the internet?
- Filling this pitcher with aqua fresca and gardening.
- These short hair cuts.
- We’re revising our allowance policy. This one is interesting.
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate is pretty much the best thing ever.
- My tree is just so, so pretty in the spring.
Have a lovely weekend. Finn’s chaperoning Emmeth’s fifth grade camping trip this weekend, so Roan and I are on our own. We’ll be making this rocket in preparation for his hacker scouts meeting Sunday. He’s beginning to think that only Finn can do that sort of stuff so it’s clearly time to set him straight.